Aug 5, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Buffalo added some depth for the AHL team in Rochester.
The Sabres announced the signing of forward Jamie Tardif to a one-year, two-way deal. He comes over from the Bruins organization where he made his NHL debut last year playing in two games and going without any points or penalty minutes.
In the AHL, however, Tardif had a big season for the Providence Bruins scoring a career-high 30 goals in 62 games. He’ll likely slot in as a top-six player for the Rochester Americans and get a call from Buffalo when injuries arise. Looking at you, Ville Leino.
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 5
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 6
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 16
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 29
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 39
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 33
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 33
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 59
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)