Aug 5, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Buffalo added some depth for the AHL team in Rochester.
The Sabres announced the signing of forward Jamie Tardif to a one-year, two-way deal. He comes over from the Bruins organization where he made his NHL debut last year playing in two games and going without any points or penalty minutes.
In the AHL, however, Tardif had a big season for the Providence Bruins scoring a career-high 30 goals in 62 games. He’ll likely slot in as a top-six player for the Rochester Americans and get a call from Buffalo when injuries arise. Looking at you, Ville Leino.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)