Aug 5, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Buffalo added some depth for the AHL team in Rochester.
The Sabres announced the signing of forward Jamie Tardif to a one-year, two-way deal. He comes over from the Bruins organization where he made his NHL debut last year playing in two games and going without any points or penalty minutes.
In the AHL, however, Tardif had a big season for the Providence Bruins scoring a career-high 30 goals in 62 games. He’ll likely slot in as a top-six player for the Rochester Americans and get a call from Buffalo when injuries arise. Looking at you, Ville Leino.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)