Aug 5, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Monday was a great day for Phoenix (and eventually Arizona) Coyotes fans, as the NHL officially handed the team’s keys to IceArizona. That doesn’t mean that all future question marks have been removed, however.
The biggest boogie man is the five-year out clause. Coyotes alternate governor Anthony Blanc (sort of) addressed that issue to Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan.
“I think the onus is on us to put the product out there… so that this is no longer a conversation piece,” Blanc said.
So, that’s the organizational equivalent of a coach or player claiming a team will “give 110 percent.”
Hey, at least they’re still in the game, though.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7