Aug 5, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Monday was a great day for Phoenix (and eventually Arizona) Coyotes fans, as the NHL officially handed the team’s keys to IceArizona. That doesn’t mean that all future question marks have been removed, however.
The biggest boogie man is the five-year out clause. Coyotes alternate governor Anthony Blanc (sort of) addressed that issue to Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan.
“I think the onus is on us to put the product out there… so that this is no longer a conversation piece,” Blanc said.
So, that’s the organizational equivalent of a coach or player claiming a team will “give 110 percent.”
Hey, at least they’re still in the game, though.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25