Aug 5, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla has yet to play a game for the Boston Bruins but he’s hoping he can make Boston his home for more than just this year.
Courtesy of Caryn Switaj of the Bruins’ site, Iginla is still speaking glowingly about his new hometown and it’s got him feeling all warm and fuzzy.
“I’ve heard great things about the city and hopefully things go really well and we have a great year as a team and I’d like to play there longer than one year.”
At 36 years-old, Iginla likely isn’t all that itchy to become a journeyman. Joining a Bruins team that’s seen a lot of turnover this summer presents him with the challenge of recapturing his scoring touch for a team that could use the lift. Just two years ago, he scored 32 goals and had 43 the season before that. If he can put up numbers close to that, he won’t have to worry about leaving Boston.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)