Aug 5, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla has yet to play a game for the Boston Bruins but he’s hoping he can make Boston his home for more than just this year.
Courtesy of Caryn Switaj of the Bruins’ site, Iginla is still speaking glowingly about his new hometown and it’s got him feeling all warm and fuzzy.
“I’ve heard great things about the city and hopefully things go really well and we have a great year as a team and I’d like to play there longer than one year.”
At 36 years-old, Iginla likely isn’t all that itchy to become a journeyman. Joining a Bruins team that’s seen a lot of turnover this summer presents him with the challenge of recapturing his scoring touch for a team that could use the lift. Just two years ago, he scored 32 goals and had 43 the season before that. If he can put up numbers close to that, he won’t have to worry about leaving Boston.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)