Aug 5, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla has yet to play a game for the Boston Bruins but he’s hoping he can make Boston his home for more than just this year.
Courtesy of Caryn Switaj of the Bruins’ site, Iginla is still speaking glowingly about his new hometown and it’s got him feeling all warm and fuzzy.
“I’ve heard great things about the city and hopefully things go really well and we have a great year as a team and I’d like to play there longer than one year.”
At 36 years-old, Iginla likely isn’t all that itchy to become a journeyman. Joining a Bruins team that’s seen a lot of turnover this summer presents him with the challenge of recapturing his scoring touch for a team that could use the lift. Just two years ago, he scored 32 goals and had 43 the season before that. If he can put up numbers close to that, he won’t have to worry about leaving Boston.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)