Aug 5, 2013, 1:05 PM EST
Jarome Iginla has yet to play a game for the Boston Bruins but he’s hoping he can make Boston his home for more than just this year.
Courtesy of Caryn Switaj of the Bruins’ site, Iginla is still speaking glowingly about his new hometown and it’s got him feeling all warm and fuzzy.
“I’ve heard great things about the city and hopefully things go really well and we have a great year as a team and I’d like to play there longer than one year.”
At 36 years-old, Iginla likely isn’t all that itchy to become a journeyman. Joining a Bruins team that’s seen a lot of turnover this summer presents him with the challenge of recapturing his scoring touch for a team that could use the lift. Just two years ago, he scored 32 goals and had 43 the season before that. If he can put up numbers close to that, he won’t have to worry about leaving Boston.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56