Aug 5, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Now that the Phoenix Coyotes are no longer wards of the NHL, it’s time to get to know the group of businessmen who jumped in to save hockey in the desert.
The 10-man group called IceArizona is headed up by team Chairman and Team Governor George Gosbee. He was the guy who helped spearhead the group in rallying together to buy the franchise. Gosbee was thrilled about seeing the purchase finalized.
“We are extremely pleased to have finalized the transaction with the NHL and to take ownership of the Coyotes franchise,” he said.
Joining him are Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, former members of the Ice Edge Holdings group who attempted to purchase the team two years ago. LeBlanc as well is ecstatic to finally own the Coyotes.
“Our ultimate goal is to bring a Stanley Cup championship to our tremendously resilient, passionate and dedicated fan base here in the Valley. We have a lot of work to do and we can’t wait to get started,” LeBlanc said.
Rounding out the group of 10 are: Avik Dey, Gary J. Drummond, W. David Duckett, W. R. Dutton, Robert Gwin, Scott Saxberg, Craig Stewart, and Richard Walter. You search engine wizards can have fun looking up who they are.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 18
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 6
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)