Aug 5, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Now that the Phoenix Coyotes are no longer wards of the NHL, it’s time to get to know the group of businessmen who jumped in to save hockey in the desert.
The 10-man group called IceArizona is headed up by team Chairman and Team Governor George Gosbee. He was the guy who helped spearhead the group in rallying together to buy the franchise. Gosbee was thrilled about seeing the purchase finalized.
“We are extremely pleased to have finalized the transaction with the NHL and to take ownership of the Coyotes franchise,” he said.
Joining him are Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, former members of the Ice Edge Holdings group who attempted to purchase the team two years ago. LeBlanc as well is ecstatic to finally own the Coyotes.
“Our ultimate goal is to bring a Stanley Cup championship to our tremendously resilient, passionate and dedicated fan base here in the Valley. We have a lot of work to do and we can’t wait to get started,” LeBlanc said.
Rounding out the group of 10 are: Avik Dey, Gary J. Drummond, W. David Duckett, W. R. Dutton, Robert Gwin, Scott Saxberg, Craig Stewart, and Richard Walter. You search engine wizards can have fun looking up who they are.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)