Aug 5, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Alex Burmistrov is headed to the KHL next season but he’s not leaving without sounding off about what went wrong in his time with the Winnipeg Jets.
In speaking with Russia’s Sport-Express (link in Russian), Burmistrov pointed a finger at both coach Claude Noel and center Olli Jokinen for why he was seemingly buried last year. According to the (poor) translation of the story, some of his issues with Noel were know by now.
During the lockout Burmistrov wanted to play in the KHL, but the team and Noel had him play with St. John’s in the AHL instead. In 22 games with the IceCaps, he scored just two goals with nine assists. For what it’s worth, Noel has said he wasn’t aware of Burmistrov’s issues with him.
The issues with Jokinen, however, are new. Burmistrov wondered why the 15-year veteran continued to log top-six minutes despite playing poorly while he was kept seemingly buried.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen averaged two more minutes of ice time per game than Burmistrov and had just four more points than him. Maybe he had just cause to complain but when you’re just 21 years-old, those complaints don’t get you very far.
Burmistrov will play for Ak Bars Kazan next season.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 88
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (87)