Aug 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Next summer for the New York Rangers could be a bit of an adventure when it comes to contracts.
As Larry Brooks of the New York Post notes, however, those three are waiting for contract talks to begin.
Understand, it’s not as if negotiations with any or all of the Big Three have hit snags. Fact is, Slap Shots has been told, negotiations have yet to even begin with the franchise goaltender, the captain or the first-pair, right-side defenseman.
Sather says he will be talking with them but the question is: When? New York, the city not the team, is known for doing things fast and you’d have to think locking down three of your best players would provide that kind of motivation.
Scoping out CapGeek you can see the Rangers will have a lot of choices to make next year. They’ll also have a lot of cap space to play with and likely more when/if the cap goes up next season. Maybe Sather wants to know just how much it’ll be.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)