Aug 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Next summer for the New York Rangers could be a bit of an adventure when it comes to contracts.
As Larry Brooks of the New York Post notes, however, those three are waiting for contract talks to begin.
Understand, it’s not as if negotiations with any or all of the Big Three have hit snags. Fact is, Slap Shots has been told, negotiations have yet to even begin with the franchise goaltender, the captain or the first-pair, right-side defenseman.
Sather says he will be talking with them but the question is: When? New York, the city not the team, is known for doing things fast and you’d have to think locking down three of your best players would provide that kind of motivation.
Scoping out CapGeek you can see the Rangers will have a lot of choices to make next year. They’ll also have a lot of cap space to play with and likely more when/if the cap goes up next season. Maybe Sather wants to know just how much it’ll be.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 1
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 62
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 65
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 36
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 64
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 169
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (169)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (66)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (64)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (62)