Aug 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Next summer for the New York Rangers could be a bit of an adventure when it comes to contracts.
As Larry Brooks of the New York Post notes, however, those three are waiting for contract talks to begin.
Understand, it’s not as if negotiations with any or all of the Big Three have hit snags. Fact is, Slap Shots has been told, negotiations have yet to even begin with the franchise goaltender, the captain or the first-pair, right-side defenseman.
Sather says he will be talking with them but the question is: When? New York, the city not the team, is known for doing things fast and you’d have to think locking down three of your best players would provide that kind of motivation.
Scoping out CapGeek you can see the Rangers will have a lot of choices to make next year. They’ll also have a lot of cap space to play with and likely more when/if the cap goes up next season. Maybe Sather wants to know just how much it’ll be.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 6
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 66
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)