Aug 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
If you’re hoping to see Alex Pietrangelo get his new contract in St. Louis you’d better be ready to keep waiting.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong gave the update on how negotiations are going with their prized restricted free agent to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Spoiler: It’s not much of an update.
“There’s really nothing to report,” Armstrong said. “My belief is that it’s better to stay quiet until we have a conclusion to it and we’re not there now.”
He goes on to say he’s not concerned about how long it’s taking and that there’s six weeks until training camp starts so there’s plenty of time.
Fans in St. Louis are somewhat fretting about Pietrangelo’s deal getting done but they can take solace in the team getting Jay Bouwmeester signed to an extension and Kevin Shattenkirk to a new deal. It’s not as if the Blues have gotten cheap in those regards and with other restricted free agents. Pietrangelo will cash in eventually.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)