Aug 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
If you’re hoping to see Alex Pietrangelo get his new contract in St. Louis you’d better be ready to keep waiting.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong gave the update on how negotiations are going with their prized restricted free agent to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Spoiler: It’s not much of an update.
“There’s really nothing to report,” Armstrong said. “My belief is that it’s better to stay quiet until we have a conclusion to it and we’re not there now.”
He goes on to say he’s not concerned about how long it’s taking and that there’s six weeks until training camp starts so there’s plenty of time.
Fans in St. Louis are somewhat fretting about Pietrangelo’s deal getting done but they can take solace in the team getting Jay Bouwmeester signed to an extension and Kevin Shattenkirk to a new deal. It’s not as if the Blues have gotten cheap in those regards and with other restricted free agents. Pietrangelo will cash in eventually.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)