Aug 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
If you’re hoping to see Alex Pietrangelo get his new contract in St. Louis you’d better be ready to keep waiting.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong gave the update on how negotiations are going with their prized restricted free agent to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Spoiler: It’s not much of an update.
“There’s really nothing to report,” Armstrong said. “My belief is that it’s better to stay quiet until we have a conclusion to it and we’re not there now.”
He goes on to say he’s not concerned about how long it’s taking and that there’s six weeks until training camp starts so there’s plenty of time.
Fans in St. Louis are somewhat fretting about Pietrangelo’s deal getting done but they can take solace in the team getting Jay Bouwmeester signed to an extension and Kevin Shattenkirk to a new deal. It’s not as if the Blues have gotten cheap in those regards and with other restricted free agents. Pietrangelo will cash in eventually.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)