Aug 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
If you’re hoping to see Alex Pietrangelo get his new contract in St. Louis you’d better be ready to keep waiting.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong gave the update on how negotiations are going with their prized restricted free agent to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Spoiler: It’s not much of an update.
“There’s really nothing to report,” Armstrong said. “My belief is that it’s better to stay quiet until we have a conclusion to it and we’re not there now.”
He goes on to say he’s not concerned about how long it’s taking and that there’s six weeks until training camp starts so there’s plenty of time.
Fans in St. Louis are somewhat fretting about Pietrangelo’s deal getting done but they can take solace in the team getting Jay Bouwmeester signed to an extension and Kevin Shattenkirk to a new deal. It’s not as if the Blues have gotten cheap in those regards and with other restricted free agents. Pietrangelo will cash in eventually.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5