Aug 4, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
One of the more interesting free agents available this summer is Carolina forward Chad LaRose.
While the Hurricanes may have wanted to keep in the fold, they’re not sure how to get a hold of him.
Luke DeCock of the Raleigh News & Observer notes in his column on LaRose that he seems to have just disappeared without so much as a phone call or a “Dear John” letter.
His contract with the Hurricanes expired June 30. He didn’t show up for his end-of-season exit interview, according to Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford. He has not been reachable through multiple phone or text messages this summer.
If his own team is having trouble reaching him, teams that may have been interested in the unrestricted free agent are likely having similar luck. DeCock notes LaRose’s career is apparently ending the way it started: Out of the blue.
At 31 years-old he’s likely got a few more years of game in him if he wants to play. Considering he’s fallen off the grid he might just be done with the game.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)