Aug 4, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
One of the more interesting free agents available this summer is Carolina forward Chad LaRose.
While the Hurricanes may have wanted to keep in the fold, they’re not sure how to get a hold of him.
Luke DeCock of the Raleigh News & Observer notes in his column on LaRose that he seems to have just disappeared without so much as a phone call or a “Dear John” letter.
His contract with the Hurricanes expired June 30. He didn’t show up for his end-of-season exit interview, according to Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford. He has not been reachable through multiple phone or text messages this summer.
If his own team is having trouble reaching him, teams that may have been interested in the unrestricted free agent are likely having similar luck. DeCock notes LaRose’s career is apparently ending the way it started: Out of the blue.
At 31 years-old he’s likely got a few more years of game in him if he wants to play. Considering he’s fallen off the grid he might just be done with the game.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)