Aug 3, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Clifford tells John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor his particular grounded way to look at being a professional athlete and being not bothered by how large his paycheck is.
“Whatever it ends up being, it’s going to be good money; better than shoveling shit for $10-an-hour, like I used to do when I was a teenager,” he said.
Curiously enough, Clifford is a favorite of coach Darryl Sutter who’s been know to shovel some barns out himself.
Clifford’s new deal is a relief to him because it puts an end to some of the trade rumors that had been circulating around him. For now, he’ll have his hands full competing to stay in the lineup and bring that sandpaper-like kind of game to the ice.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 76
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 95
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)