Aug 3, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Clifford tells John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor his particular grounded way to look at being a professional athlete and being not bothered by how large his paycheck is.
“Whatever it ends up being, it’s going to be good money; better than shoveling shit for $10-an-hour, like I used to do when I was a teenager,” he said.
Curiously enough, Clifford is a favorite of coach Darryl Sutter who’s been know to shovel some barns out himself.
Clifford’s new deal is a relief to him because it puts an end to some of the trade rumors that had been circulating around him. For now, he’ll have his hands full competing to stay in the lineup and bring that sandpaper-like kind of game to the ice.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 61
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 36
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)