Aug 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Kings are making sure to keep their forward group as loaded up as their defensive corps.
After breaking out last season as more of an offensive threat, Clifford’s game rounded out. Adding seven goals and seven assists to his 51 penalty minutes made him one of the more difficult players to go up against. Offense with tough, physical play is hard to find.
Clifford will compete for a spot potentially in the Kings’ top-six forward group of the left wing now that Dustin Penner signed in Anaheim. He’ll go up against the likes of Daniel Carcillo and possibly Tyler Toffoli to do that.
This signing gives Los Angeles 25 NHL contracts on their roster. Any given night means having as many as 23 players up with the big club. GM Dean Lombardi will have some decisions to make on who gets to stay.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)