Aug 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Kings are making sure to keep their forward group as loaded up as their defensive corps.
After breaking out last season as more of an offensive threat, Clifford’s game rounded out. Adding seven goals and seven assists to his 51 penalty minutes made him one of the more difficult players to go up against. Offense with tough, physical play is hard to find.
Clifford will compete for a spot potentially in the Kings’ top-six forward group of the left wing now that Dustin Penner signed in Anaheim. He’ll go up against the likes of Daniel Carcillo and possibly Tyler Toffoli to do that.
This signing gives Los Angeles 25 NHL contracts on their roster. Any given night means having as many as 23 players up with the big club. GM Dean Lombardi will have some decisions to make on who gets to stay.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13