Aug 2, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The Kings are making sure to keep their forward group as loaded up as their defensive corps.
After breaking out last season as more of an offensive threat, Clifford’s game rounded out. Adding seven goals and seven assists to his 51 penalty minutes made him one of the more difficult players to go up against. Offense with tough, physical play is hard to find.
Clifford will compete for a spot potentially in the Kings’ top-six forward group of the left wing now that Dustin Penner signed in Anaheim. He’ll go up against the likes of Daniel Carcillo and possibly Tyler Toffoli to do that.
This signing gives Los Angeles 25 NHL contracts on their roster. Any given night means having as many as 23 players up with the big club. GM Dean Lombardi will have some decisions to make on who gets to stay.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7