Aug 1, 2013, 12:52 PM EST
For all the criticism Patrick Kane received for his various off-ice adventures, there was always a contingent of fans that believed he was doing nothing wrong.
For that contingent, Kane was just a young kid having fun. A victim of cellphone cameras. If anyone was to blame, it was the media for making such a big deal out of everything he did off the ice.
And to a certain extent, there may have been some truth to that.
However, in a recent interview with CSN Chicago, Kane essentially admitted that his behavior didn’t reflect how he was raised by his family.
“It was tough to kind of let them down,” said Kane.
The 24-year-old Conn Smythe Trophy winner, currently enjoying a much better offseason than last, also expressed thanks to his employer.
“The Blackhawks organization was great, for them sticking with me through those tough times was huge,” he said.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Two teams that are scrappy in very different ways lately.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
That escalated quickly.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
He collapsed on Vancouver’s bench this past weekend in a scary scene.
Dec 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Probably for the best.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s dressing seven defensemen against Florida.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
Click for a surprising stat about the 31-year-old forward.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Weather forecast looking good, too.
Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Dec 22, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
As the quote suggests, he’s feeling better.
Dec 22, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“He’s 21 years old. I think we’re getting a lot out of a 21 year-old defenseman right now.”
Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Signs with HC Slovan Bratislava.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Have won eight straight at home, but must travel to Anaheim tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“Is it true? I don’t know.”
Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
After teammates Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson both had them.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Oh no, not this again.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Will GM Chuck Fletcher do anything about it?
Dec 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Kings’ center broke out of his slump in a major way.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
“I talked with Dallas and they think it’s a good experience for me to play for my country and play for the national team.”
Dec 22, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Connor McDavid and Sam Reinhart will be the alternates.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9