Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Hello, and welcome to August.
/turns on fan
As you probably know, August is one of the slowest months on the hockey calendar. While we do enjoy updating the Mikhail Grabovski watch and reporting who got the Bakersfield Condors video coordinator gig, we also realize the need to, y’know, shake things up a little bit.
Hence the Team of the Day series.
The premise is simple — for each day in August, PHT spotlights an NHL team. You, in turn, spend the day checking for site updates
and clicking the OK Cupid banners. The posts will be a mix of looking back at the 2012-13 campaign, recapping the offseason, and looking ahead to 2013-14.
As for what teams we’ll be profiling on what days?
Thurs, Aug 1: Detroit Red Wings
Fri, Aug 2: Buffalo Sabres
Sat, Aug 3: Florida Panthers
Sun, Aug 4: Ottawa Senators
Mon, Aug 5: Tampa Bay Lightning
Tues, Aug 6: Boston Bruins
Wed, Aug 7: Montreal Canadiens
Thur, Aug 8: Toronto Maple Leafs
Fri, Aug 9: Los Angeles Kings
Sat, Aug 10: Anaheim Ducks
Sun, Aug 11: Phoenix Coyotes
Mon, Aug 12: San Jose Sharks
Tues, Aug 13: Vancouver Canucks
Wed, Aug 14: Calgary Flames
Thur, Aug 15: Edmonton Oilers
Fri, Aug 16: Chicago Blackhawks
Sat, Aug 17: Dallas Stars
Sun, Aug 18: Nashville Predators
Mon, Aug 19: Colorado Avalanche
Tues, Aug 20: Minnesota Wild
Wed, Aug 21: St. Louis Blues
Thur, Aug 22: Winnipeg Jets
Fri, Aug 23: New Jersey Devils
Sat, Aug 24: Carolina Hurricanes
Sun, Aug 25: Columbus Blue Jackets
Mon, Aug 26: New York Islanders
Tues, Aug 27: New York Rangers
Wed, Aug 28: Washington Capitals
Thur, Aug 29: Pittsburgh Penguins
Fri, Aug 30: Philadelphia Flyers
Philly and Pittsburgh on the final two days, huh? Bet there won’t be a lot of brotherly love then!
/honks horn, makes wokka wokka noise
So anyway, that’s our August-long project — 30 days, 30 teams. Enjoy!
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)