Introducing: PHT’s ‘Team of the Day’ summer series

Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST

NHL logo

Hello, and welcome to August.

/turns on fan

As you probably know, August is one of the slowest months on the hockey calendar. While we do enjoy updating the Mikhail Grabovski watch and reporting who got the Bakersfield Condors video coordinator gig, we also realize the need to, y’know, shake things up a little bit.

Hence the Team of the Day series.

The premise is simple — for each day in August, PHT spotlights an NHL team. You, in turn, spend the day checking for site updates and clicking the OK Cupid banners. The posts will be a mix of looking back at the 2012-13 campaign, recapping the offseason, and looking ahead to 2013-14.

As for what teams we’ll be profiling on what days?

Thurs, Aug 1: Detroit Red Wings

Sun, Aug 25: Columbus Blue Jackets

Mon, Aug 26: New York Islanders

Tues, Aug 27: New York Rangers

Wed, Aug 28: Washington Capitals

Thur, Aug 29: Pittsburgh Penguins

Fri, Aug 30: Philadelphia Flyers

Philly and Pittsburgh on the final two days, huh? Bet there won’t be a lot of brotherly love then!

/honks horn, makes wokka wokka noise

So anyway, that’s our August-long project — 30 days, 30 teams. Enjoy!

1. ibieiniid - Aug 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM

August 29 and 30 will awaken the PHT beasts that have been hibernating all offseason. I’m preparing my Sidney Crosby woman-names already. ::rubs hands::

• ibieiniid - Aug 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM

also, I can’t hear/read “wokka wokka” without thinking of the Dave Chappelle baby with the giant donger. WOKKA WOKKA

2. pitpenguinsrulez - Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I bet any money that August 29th and the 30th will be full of hatred and bashing. I can’t wait!!

• Lupy Nazty Philthy - Aug 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

No need to wait. If you want a taste of the hate, just check out August 8th. There will be rage.

3. ibieiniid - Aug 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

the Bakersfield Condors video coordinator doesn’t appreciate your sarcasm, Halford.

4. stepanup - Aug 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

It has been too quiet and cordial here this summer. Things should pick up quick! Thank you PHT for the distraction, I have been too productive at work this summer.

5. blomfeld - Aug 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

FRIDAY, AUG 9TH … LA KINGS DAY !!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Dear Halford & friends,
    I’ll have you know that apart from my ‘given’ anticipation for the 9th, this summertime program of yours is an ‘excellent’ concept and you’re to be applauded for your creativity and enterprise! Good show, jolly good show! And as fate would have it, my birthday is on Aug 10th. Therefore your impeccable timing will make your upcoming article about our ‘glorious’ LA Kings almost seem like a birthday present to me!

Thank you PHT … thank you very much! :)

6. centraldutch - Aug 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

OK all you PHT regulars. A few minutes ago I made the grievous error of checking out PBT to see
    the reactions to Jimmy Butler’s comments about the miami 3 peating. Holy cow! I forgot what a bunch
    of meatheads NBA fans are. They sound like pre-schoolers sniping at each other on the playground. The knowledge of the game and player skills expressed here is infinitely
    greater than that other site. I should have known better, my bad. Please forgive . . . .can’t wait for
    the season to begin.

Eakins on his way out of Edmonton?

Top 10 NHL Player Searches