Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Hello, and welcome to August.
/turns on fan
As you probably know, August is one of the slowest months on the hockey calendar. While we do enjoy updating the Mikhail Grabovski watch and reporting who got the Bakersfield Condors video coordinator gig, we also realize the need to, y’know, shake things up a little bit.
Hence the Team of the Day series.
The premise is simple — for each day in August, PHT spotlights an NHL team. You, in turn, spend the day checking for site updates
and clicking the OK Cupid banners. The posts will be a mix of looking back at the 2012-13 campaign, recapping the offseason, and looking ahead to 2013-14.
As for what teams we’ll be profiling on what days?
Thurs, Aug 1: Detroit Red Wings
Fri, Aug 2: Buffalo Sabres
Sat, Aug 3: Florida Panthers
Sun, Aug 4: Ottawa Senators
Mon, Aug 5: Tampa Bay Lightning
Tues, Aug 6: Boston Bruins
Wed, Aug 7: Montreal Canadiens
Thur, Aug 8: Toronto Maple Leafs
Fri, Aug 9: Los Angeles Kings
Sat, Aug 10: Anaheim Ducks
Sun, Aug 11: Phoenix Coyotes
Mon, Aug 12: San Jose Sharks
Tues, Aug 13: Vancouver Canucks
Wed, Aug 14: Calgary Flames
Thur, Aug 15: Edmonton Oilers
Fri, Aug 16: Chicago Blackhawks
Sat, Aug 17: Dallas Stars
Sun, Aug 18: Nashville Predators
Mon, Aug 19: Colorado Avalanche
Tues, Aug 20: Minnesota Wild
Wed, Aug 21: St. Louis Blues
Thur, Aug 22: Winnipeg Jets
Fri, Aug 23: New Jersey Devils
Sat, Aug 24: Carolina Hurricanes
Sun, Aug 25: Columbus Blue Jackets
Mon, Aug 26: New York Islanders
Tues, Aug 27: New York Rangers
Wed, Aug 28: Washington Capitals
Thur, Aug 29: Pittsburgh Penguins
Fri, Aug 30: Philadelphia Flyers
Philly and Pittsburgh on the final two days, huh? Bet there won’t be a lot of brotherly love then!
/honks horn, makes wokka wokka noise
So anyway, that’s our August-long project — 30 days, 30 teams. Enjoy!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 62
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)