Jul 31, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
It’s never not interesting off the ice for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal reports that some financing for the deal to sell the team to Renaissance Sports and Entertainment (aka: Ice Arizona) has fallen through.
Sunnucks cites two sources close to the situation who say funding has either not been finalized or has been dropped completely from the deal. The group has until August 5 to finalize the purchase.
One member of Ice Arizona is hedgefund investor Daryl Jones and he responded to Sunnucks’ story on Twitter to set the story straight in his own way.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona backs up what Jones said reporting that the deal is still on track to be completed by Monday’s deadline. It was reported over the weekend that the NHL Board of Governors would approve the sale this week although that’s yet to happen.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (45)