Jul 31, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
It’s never not interesting off the ice for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal reports that some financing for the deal to sell the team to Renaissance Sports and Entertainment (aka: Ice Arizona) has fallen through.
Sunnucks cites two sources close to the situation who say funding has either not been finalized or has been dropped completely from the deal. The group has until August 5 to finalize the purchase.
One member of Ice Arizona is hedgefund investor Daryl Jones and he responded to Sunnucks’ story on Twitter to set the story straight in his own way.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona backs up what Jones said reporting that the deal is still on track to be completed by Monday’s deadline. It was reported over the weekend that the NHL Board of Governors would approve the sale this week although that’s yet to happen.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)