Jul 31, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish’s return to Edmonton as their new general manager sees him looking to change up more than the roster.
While speaking as a guest of a local hockey school, MacTavish says he wants to make sure players aren’t complaining as Ryan Frankson shares.
“It’s incumbent on everyone in that locker room to provide the kind of working environment we want … a productive, hard-working, non-complaining culture,” MacTavish said. “I’m going to be diligent in my decision-making in terms of weeding out the complainers. We want guys who want to be here, who want to come to work every day. The competitive environment that is going to be created in training camp is going to have a real residual effect on the rest of our year.”
We’ve all seen our fair share of players complaining, usually to referees, but MacTavish’s aim here makes sense for such a young team. It’s easy for younger players to fall into bad habits and he wants to prevent that from happening.
Of course, the first time you see an Oilers player pick up a penalty for barking at an official a zoom-in on Mac’s face will be necessary.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Tournament begins May 1 in the Czech Republic.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Interference aside, Tampa Bay has had no shortage of power-play time.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Referees Dan O’Rourke (No. 9) and Dan O’Halloran (No. 13), linesmen Greg Devorski (No. 54) and Michel Cormier (No. 76).
Apr 27, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Pittsburgh has a lot of cap space tied up in two players.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Washington makes a lineup change in advance of Game 7 versus the Isles.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
“I spent seven years there.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
“I’m on my way to coming back. I’m just going through the protocol.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:07 AM EDT
Boston will also interview Ray Shero and Paul Fenton.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Injury information trickling in following Ottawa’s Game 6 loss.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
He was one of Pittsburgh’s final cuts in the fall.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
The Islanders and Capitals meet in Game 7 for the first time since 1987.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
That’s a fairly modest increase compared to some of the jumps we’ve seen in the past.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
He has every right to be.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Montreal will now play either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Oshie thinks the core has “been playing some pretty good games since the playoffs.”
Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Montreal had a 1-0 lead at the time.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
They got a big task ahead of them.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Minnesota’s earned the right to challenge Chicago again.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)