Jul 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Calgary GM Jay Feaster is taking care of one of their promising young defensemen.
Last season, Brodie emerged as one of Calgary’s more trusted blue liners playing an average of over 20 minutes per game. Eerily enough, he equaled his offensive output from the previous year last season in seven fewer games with two goals and 12 assists.
At age 23 he’s easily the Flames’ youngest defenseman and they’re more than happy to see him improve his game. That alone may not be enough to stop some from questioning why he got such a juicy raise ($1.2 to nearly $2 million) coming off his entry-level deal.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63