Jul 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Calgary GM Jay Feaster is taking care of one of their promising young defensemen.
Last season, Brodie emerged as one of Calgary’s more trusted blue liners playing an average of over 20 minutes per game. Eerily enough, he equaled his offensive output from the previous year last season in seven fewer games with two goals and 12 assists.
At age 23 he’s easily the Flames’ youngest defenseman and they’re more than happy to see him improve his game. That alone may not be enough to stop some from questioning why he got such a juicy raise ($1.2 to nearly $2 million) coming off his entry-level deal.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 9
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 9
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)