Jul 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Calgary GM Jay Feaster is taking care of one of their promising young defensemen.
Last season, Brodie emerged as one of Calgary’s more trusted blue liners playing an average of over 20 minutes per game. Eerily enough, he equaled his offensive output from the previous year last season in seven fewer games with two goals and 12 assists.
At age 23 he’s easily the Flames’ youngest defenseman and they’re more than happy to see him improve his game. That alone may not be enough to stop some from questioning why he got such a juicy raise ($1.2 to nearly $2 million) coming off his entry-level deal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40