Jul 30, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
When you take a look over Team USA’s orientation camp roster, the one thing that stands out is how young a lot of the guys are.
“If you talk about the youth and how USA Hockey is developing guys, it’s amazing,” Yandle said. “It’s not like they’re just inviting young guys to invite them. The guys that they’re inviting they’re all special players.”
Among that group of young guys are a couple of players who will look to take a job away from Yandle. Jets 2012 first-rounder Jacob Trouba and Predators 2013 first-round pick Seth Jones are very new and Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk has more than caught the eye of Team USA GM David Poile.
As it is, Team USA’s roster is very young with only four players being older than 30. Hockey is kind of a young man’s game already but the Olympic invites show that the future is now.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)