Jul 30, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
When you take a look over Team USA’s orientation camp roster, the one thing that stands out is how young a lot of the guys are.
“If you talk about the youth and how USA Hockey is developing guys, it’s amazing,” Yandle said. “It’s not like they’re just inviting young guys to invite them. The guys that they’re inviting they’re all special players.”
Among that group of young guys are a couple of players who will look to take a job away from Yandle. Jets 2012 first-rounder Jacob Trouba and Predators 2013 first-round pick Seth Jones are very new and Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk has more than caught the eye of Team USA GM David Poile.
As it is, Team USA’s roster is very young with only four players being older than 30. Hockey is kind of a young man’s game already but the Olympic invites show that the future is now.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)