Jul 30, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
When you take a look over Team USA’s orientation camp roster, the one thing that stands out is how young a lot of the guys are.
“If you talk about the youth and how USA Hockey is developing guys, it’s amazing,” Yandle said. “It’s not like they’re just inviting young guys to invite them. The guys that they’re inviting they’re all special players.”
Among that group of young guys are a couple of players who will look to take a job away from Yandle. Jets 2012 first-rounder Jacob Trouba and Predators 2013 first-round pick Seth Jones are very new and Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk has more than caught the eye of Team USA GM David Poile.
As it is, Team USA’s roster is very young with only four players being older than 30. Hockey is kind of a young man’s game already but the Olympic invites show that the future is now.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5