Jul 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Minnesota is keeping 2008 first-round pick, defenseman Tyler Cuma, around a little while longer.
The one-time 23rd overall pick re-signed with the Wild on a one-year, two-way contract.
Cuma, 23, has played just one game in the NHL (during the 2011-12 season) while working on his game otherwise in the AHL. He’ll enter Wild camp in September competing for a spot against newcomers like Keith Ballard, Jonathon Blum, incumbents Nate Prosser and Clayton Stoner, and rookie Matt Dumba.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)