Jul 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Minnesota is keeping 2008 first-round pick, defenseman Tyler Cuma, around a little while longer.
The one-time 23rd overall pick re-signed with the Wild on a one-year, two-way contract.
Cuma, 23, has played just one game in the NHL (during the 2011-12 season) while working on his game otherwise in the AHL. He’ll enter Wild camp in September competing for a spot against newcomers like Keith Ballard, Jonathon Blum, incumbents Nate Prosser and Clayton Stoner, and rookie Matt Dumba.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36