Jul 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Minnesota is keeping 2008 first-round pick, defenseman Tyler Cuma, around a little while longer.
The one-time 23rd overall pick re-signed with the Wild on a one-year, two-way contract.
Cuma, 23, has played just one game in the NHL (during the 2011-12 season) while working on his game otherwise in the AHL. He’ll enter Wild camp in September competing for a spot against newcomers like Keith Ballard, Jonathon Blum, incumbents Nate Prosser and Clayton Stoner, and rookie Matt Dumba.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)