Jul 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Minnesota is keeping 2008 first-round pick, defenseman Tyler Cuma, around a little while longer.
The one-time 23rd overall pick re-signed with the Wild on a one-year, two-way contract.
Cuma, 23, has played just one game in the NHL (during the 2011-12 season) while working on his game otherwise in the AHL. He’ll enter Wild camp in September competing for a spot against newcomers like Keith Ballard, Jonathon Blum, incumbents Nate Prosser and Clayton Stoner, and rookie Matt Dumba.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18