Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
The current bid is $26,000 (plus a 19.5% fee), with the auction set to end tomorrow night.
Nystrom’s goal, scored in overtime, came in Game 6 of the 1980 Cup final as he tipped a pass from teammate John Tonelli past Flyers goalie Pete Peeters.
The Isles would go on to win three more Stanley Cups in the next three years before the Edmonton Oilers took over as the powerhouse team of the NHL.
Since winning their last Cup in 1983, the Isles have won just seven playoff series total (none since 1993).
After 1980, it wasn’t until 1996 when an overtime goal (Uwe Krupp, Colorado) won a team the Stanley Cup.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30