Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
The current bid is $26,000 (plus a 19.5% fee), with the auction set to end tomorrow night.
Nystrom’s goal, scored in overtime, came in Game 6 of the 1980 Cup final as he tipped a pass from teammate John Tonelli past Flyers goalie Pete Peeters.
The Isles would go on to win three more Stanley Cups in the next three years before the Edmonton Oilers took over as the powerhouse team of the NHL.
Since winning their last Cup in 1983, the Isles have won just seven playoff series total (none since 1993).
After 1980, it wasn’t until 1996 when an overtime goal (Uwe Krupp, Colorado) won a team the Stanley Cup.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)