Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
The current bid is $26,000 (plus a 19.5% fee), with the auction set to end tomorrow night.
Nystrom’s goal, scored in overtime, came in Game 6 of the 1980 Cup final as he tipped a pass from teammate John Tonelli past Flyers goalie Pete Peeters.
The Isles would go on to win three more Stanley Cups in the next three years before the Edmonton Oilers took over as the powerhouse team of the NHL.
Since winning their last Cup in 1983, the Isles have won just seven playoff series total (none since 1993).
After 1980, it wasn’t until 1996 when an overtime goal (Uwe Krupp, Colorado) won a team the Stanley Cup.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)