Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
The current bid is $26,000 (plus a 19.5% fee), with the auction set to end tomorrow night.
Nystrom’s goal, scored in overtime, came in Game 6 of the 1980 Cup final as he tipped a pass from teammate John Tonelli past Flyers goalie Pete Peeters.
The Isles would go on to win three more Stanley Cups in the next three years before the Edmonton Oilers took over as the powerhouse team of the NHL.
Since winning their last Cup in 1983, the Isles have won just seven playoff series total (none since 1993).
After 1980, it wasn’t until 1996 when an overtime goal (Uwe Krupp, Colorado) won a team the Stanley Cup.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 6
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 111
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17