Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
The current bid is $26,000 (plus a 19.5% fee), with the auction set to end tomorrow night.
Nystrom’s goal, scored in overtime, came in Game 6 of the 1980 Cup final as he tipped a pass from teammate John Tonelli past Flyers goalie Pete Peeters.
The Isles would go on to win three more Stanley Cups in the next three years before the Edmonton Oilers took over as the powerhouse team of the NHL.
Since winning their last Cup in 1983, the Isles have won just seven playoff series total (none since 1993).
After 1980, it wasn’t until 1996 when an overtime goal (Uwe Krupp, Colorado) won a team the Stanley Cup.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)