Jul 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Calgary GM Jay Feaster turned to the college ranks to fill out their prospect coffers as the Flames announced the signing of forward Josh Jooris to a two-year entry-level deal.
After three seasons with Union College, Jooris had 29 goals and 59 assists over 117 games. He was fourth on the team in points last season (28) and second in penalty minutes (46).
Jooris is leaving school a year early to join the Flames after participating in their prospect camp this summer. Suffice to say, Feaster was impressed with what he saw out of him.
“During our recent development camp he played an aggressive, up-tempo style and displayed good grit and a high compete level,” he said. “Our staff felt strongly that we should attempt to get him signed, and we are pleased to welcome him to the organization.”
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)