Jul 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Calgary GM Jay Feaster turned to the college ranks to fill out their prospect coffers as the Flames announced the signing of forward Josh Jooris to a two-year entry-level deal.
After three seasons with Union College, Jooris had 29 goals and 59 assists over 117 games. He was fourth on the team in points last season (28) and second in penalty minutes (46).
Jooris is leaving school a year early to join the Flames after participating in their prospect camp this summer. Suffice to say, Feaster was impressed with what he saw out of him.
“During our recent development camp he played an aggressive, up-tempo style and displayed good grit and a high compete level,” he said. “Our staff felt strongly that we should attempt to get him signed, and we are pleased to welcome him to the organization.”
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)