Jul 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
Calgary GM Jay Feaster turned to the college ranks to fill out their prospect coffers as the Flames announced the signing of forward Josh Jooris to a two-year entry-level deal.
After three seasons with Union College, Jooris had 29 goals and 59 assists over 117 games. He was fourth on the team in points last season (28) and second in penalty minutes (46).
Jooris is leaving school a year early to join the Flames after participating in their prospect camp this summer. Suffice to say, Feaster was impressed with what he saw out of him.
“During our recent development camp he played an aggressive, up-tempo style and displayed good grit and a high compete level,” he said. “Our staff felt strongly that we should attempt to get him signed, and we are pleased to welcome him to the organization.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8