Jul 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Calgary GM Jay Feaster turned to the college ranks to fill out their prospect coffers as the Flames announced the signing of forward Josh Jooris to a two-year entry-level deal.
After three seasons with Union College, Jooris had 29 goals and 59 assists over 117 games. He was fourth on the team in points last season (28) and second in penalty minutes (46).
Jooris is leaving school a year early to join the Flames after participating in their prospect camp this summer. Suffice to say, Feaster was impressed with what he saw out of him.
“During our recent development camp he played an aggressive, up-tempo style and displayed good grit and a high compete level,” he said. “Our staff felt strongly that we should attempt to get him signed, and we are pleased to welcome him to the organization.”
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 8
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)