Jul 30, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Brent played 30 games for the Carolina Hurricanes in 2013, registering just three assists with no goals.
The 29-year-old has played for five different NHL teams — the ‘Canes, Ducks, Penguins, Blackhawks, and Maple Leafs — and amassed 48 points in 207 games.
Brent’s best season came in 2011-12 when he registered 24 points for Carolina.
Related: Foster signs with KHL club
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 7
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)