Jul 30, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Brent played 30 games for the Carolina Hurricanes in 2013, registering just three assists with no goals.
The 29-year-old has played for five different NHL teams — the ‘Canes, Ducks, Penguins, Blackhawks, and Maple Leafs — and amassed 48 points in 207 games.
Brent’s best season came in 2011-12 when he registered 24 points for Carolina.
Related: Foster signs with KHL club
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1