Jul 30, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
Brent played 30 games for the Carolina Hurricanes in 2013, registering just three assists with no goals.
The 29-year-old has played for five different NHL teams — the ‘Canes, Ducks, Penguins, Blackhawks, and Maple Leafs — and amassed 48 points in 207 games.
Brent’s best season came in 2011-12 when he registered 24 points for Carolina.
Related: Foster signs with KHL club
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)