Jul 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are paying tribute to their most famous player in a unique way.
On Monday, the Stars announced the release of four Mike Modano-themed ticket packages, available for public consumption.
Here’s more, from the Dallas website:
All four plans include the March 8th contest vs. Minnesota in which Modano’s #9 will be raised to the rafters at American Airlines Center.
The plans were built with nine games to reflect the jersey number (#9) worn by Modano throughout his career with Dallas. The franchise’s all-time leader in nearly every statistical category played 20 seasons with the Stars and helped the team capture the 1999 Stanley Cup.
The packages represent the four “facets” of Modano’s prestigious career:
– The Olympian Plan, recognizing Modano’s participation on three U.S. Olympic teams, including the silver medal-winning entry at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Featured in this package is two games against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
– The American Plan, highlighting Modano’s stature as the all-time goals and points leader among U.S. players and featuring games against notable American teams like Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Pittsburgh.
– The Championship weekend plan (celebrating Dallas’ 1999 Stanley Cup Championship) and the All-Star weekday plan (honoring Modano’s seven NHL All-Star team selections.)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11