Jul 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars are paying tribute to their most famous player in a unique way.
On Monday, the Stars announced the release of four Mike Modano-themed ticket packages, available for public consumption.
Here’s more, from the Dallas website:
All four plans include the March 8th contest vs. Minnesota in which Modano’s #9 will be raised to the rafters at American Airlines Center.
The plans were built with nine games to reflect the jersey number (#9) worn by Modano throughout his career with Dallas. The franchise’s all-time leader in nearly every statistical category played 20 seasons with the Stars and helped the team capture the 1999 Stanley Cup.
The packages represent the four “facets” of Modano’s prestigious career:
– The Olympian Plan, recognizing Modano’s participation on three U.S. Olympic teams, including the silver medal-winning entry at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Featured in this package is two games against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
– The American Plan, highlighting Modano’s stature as the all-time goals and points leader among U.S. players and featuring games against notable American teams like Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Pittsburgh.
– The Championship weekend plan (celebrating Dallas’ 1999 Stanley Cup Championship) and the All-Star weekday plan (honoring Modano’s seven NHL All-Star team selections.)
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15