Jul 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are paying tribute to their most famous player in a unique way.
On Monday, the Stars announced the release of four Mike Modano-themed ticket packages, available for public consumption.
Here’s more, from the Dallas website:
All four plans include the March 8th contest vs. Minnesota in which Modano’s #9 will be raised to the rafters at American Airlines Center.
The plans were built with nine games to reflect the jersey number (#9) worn by Modano throughout his career with Dallas. The franchise’s all-time leader in nearly every statistical category played 20 seasons with the Stars and helped the team capture the 1999 Stanley Cup.
The packages represent the four “facets” of Modano’s prestigious career:
— The Olympian Plan, recognizing Modano’s participation on three U.S. Olympic teams, including the silver medal-winning entry at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Featured in this package is two games against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
— The American Plan, highlighting Modano’s stature as the all-time goals and points leader among U.S. players and featuring games against notable American teams like Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Pittsburgh.
— The Championship weekend plan (celebrating Dallas’ 1999 Stanley Cup Championship) and the All-Star weekday plan (honoring Modano’s seven NHL All-Star team selections.)
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)