Jul 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars are paying tribute to their most famous player in a unique way.
On Monday, the Stars announced the release of four Mike Modano-themed ticket packages, available for public consumption.
Here’s more, from the Dallas website:
All four plans include the March 8th contest vs. Minnesota in which Modano’s #9 will be raised to the rafters at American Airlines Center.
The plans were built with nine games to reflect the jersey number (#9) worn by Modano throughout his career with Dallas. The franchise’s all-time leader in nearly every statistical category played 20 seasons with the Stars and helped the team capture the 1999 Stanley Cup.
The packages represent the four “facets” of Modano’s prestigious career:
— The Olympian Plan, recognizing Modano’s participation on three U.S. Olympic teams, including the silver medal-winning entry at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Featured in this package is two games against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
— The American Plan, highlighting Modano’s stature as the all-time goals and points leader among U.S. players and featuring games against notable American teams like Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Pittsburgh.
— The Championship weekend plan (celebrating Dallas’ 1999 Stanley Cup Championship) and the All-Star weekday plan (honoring Modano’s seven NHL All-Star team selections.)
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)