Jul 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are paying tribute to their most famous player in a unique way.
On Monday, the Stars announced the release of four Mike Modano-themed ticket packages, available for public consumption.
Here’s more, from the Dallas website:
All four plans include the March 8th contest vs. Minnesota in which Modano’s #9 will be raised to the rafters at American Airlines Center.
The plans were built with nine games to reflect the jersey number (#9) worn by Modano throughout his career with Dallas. The franchise’s all-time leader in nearly every statistical category played 20 seasons with the Stars and helped the team capture the 1999 Stanley Cup.
The packages represent the four “facets” of Modano’s prestigious career:
– The Olympian Plan, recognizing Modano’s participation on three U.S. Olympic teams, including the silver medal-winning entry at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. Featured in this package is two games against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.
– The American Plan, highlighting Modano’s stature as the all-time goals and points leader among U.S. players and featuring games against notable American teams like Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Pittsburgh.
– The Championship weekend plan (celebrating Dallas’ 1999 Stanley Cup Championship) and the All-Star weekday plan (honoring Modano’s seven NHL All-Star team selections.)
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 7
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 16
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 25
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 27
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)