Jul 29, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators added some defensive depth on Monday, signing journeyman blueliner Bryan Rodney to a one-year, two-way deal worth $550,000 at the NHL level.
Rodney, 29, has appeared in 34 career NHL contests after catching on with the Carolina organization in 2008-09. His best season came with the ‘Canes in 2009-10, when he scored 11 points in 22 games, scoring his first and only NHL goal.
The former OHL London standout’s last NHL game came in 2011-12 with Edmonton. He spent the 2013 campaign with Los Angeles’ AHL affiliate in Manchester, scoring 15 points in 44 games.
Rodney’s most likely headed for AHL Milwaukee, but does have a chance of cracking the Nashville roster next season — the club only has seven defensemen under contract for next season, and there are still question marks around youngsters Seth Jones, Ryan Ellis, Mattias Ekholm and Victor Bartley.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63