Jul 29, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Forward Bryan Bickell could be forgiven if the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2010 Stanley Cup victory left him feeling less than fulfilled. He was just starting to find his footing in the NHL at that time, so he was limited to 16 regular season contests and four playoff games with Chicago during that run.
As a result, Bickell wasn’t one of the players that got his name on the Stanley Cup in 2010.
“From being a part of that 2010 team and having everything but that one thing, that stuck in my head for a while,” Bickell told CSN Chicago. “It just pushed me even more to get my name on it.”
This time around, there was no question that Bickell was playing an important role with Chicago. He was solid in the regular season, but found another level in the playoffs with nine goals and 17 points in 23 games.
That’s been part of an amazing summer for the 27-year-old with him getting married and going from a three-year, $1.63 million contract to his new four-year, $16 million agreement.
“This summer’s going to be one to remember, from the Cup to a wedding to a new contract,” Bickell said. “I’m just happy to be a part of it.”
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6