Jul 29, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Forward Bryan Bickell could be forgiven if the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2010 Stanley Cup victory left him feeling less than fulfilled. He was just starting to find his footing in the NHL at that time, so he was limited to 16 regular season contests and four playoff games with Chicago during that run.
As a result, Bickell wasn’t one of the players that got his name on the Stanley Cup in 2010.
“From being a part of that 2010 team and having everything but that one thing, that stuck in my head for a while,” Bickell told CSN Chicago. “It just pushed me even more to get my name on it.”
This time around, there was no question that Bickell was playing an important role with Chicago. He was solid in the regular season, but found another level in the playoffs with nine goals and 17 points in 23 games.
That’s been part of an amazing summer for the 27-year-old with him getting married and going from a three-year, $1.63 million contract to his new four-year, $16 million agreement.
“This summer’s going to be one to remember, from the Cup to a wedding to a new contract,” Bickell said. “I’m just happy to be a part of it.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)