Jul 29, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Forward Bryan Bickell could be forgiven if the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2010 Stanley Cup victory left him feeling less than fulfilled. He was just starting to find his footing in the NHL at that time, so he was limited to 16 regular season contests and four playoff games with Chicago during that run.
As a result, Bickell wasn’t one of the players that got his name on the Stanley Cup in 2010.
“From being a part of that 2010 team and having everything but that one thing, that stuck in my head for a while,” Bickell told CSN Chicago. “It just pushed me even more to get my name on it.”
This time around, there was no question that Bickell was playing an important role with Chicago. He was solid in the regular season, but found another level in the playoffs with nine goals and 17 points in 23 games.
That’s been part of an amazing summer for the 27-year-old with him getting married and going from a three-year, $1.63 million contract to his new four-year, $16 million agreement.
“This summer’s going to be one to remember, from the Cup to a wedding to a new contract,” Bickell said. “I’m just happy to be a part of it.”
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)