Jul 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Detroit’s Jordin Tootoo has only played for two teams in his NHL career and he might be headed back to where it all started.
According to Ansar Khan of Mlive.com, the Detroit Red Wings are in talks with the Nashville Predators about sending Tootoo back to Music City U.S.A. Khan says the Wings need to move a forward (or two) and sending Tootoo back to Nashville would be a comfortable move for him.
Ah, but there’s a catch. A couple of them actually.
The Predators also have an abundance of forwards after signing four of them this summer (Matt Cullen, Eric Nystrom, Matt Hendricks, and Viktor Stalberg). All told they’ve got 14 guys up front and just under $5 million in salary cap space. Tootoo and his $1.9 million cap hit the next two seasons might not make a great fit there.
Detroit is going to have to make a move at some point, but if it turns out to be Tootoo going back to Nashville there could be some Preds fans surprised to see him back.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 28
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 87
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)