Jul 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Detroit’s Jordin Tootoo has only played for two teams in his NHL career and he might be headed back to where it all started.
According to Ansar Khan of Mlive.com, the Detroit Red Wings are in talks with the Nashville Predators about sending Tootoo back to Music City U.S.A. Khan says the Wings need to move a forward (or two) and sending Tootoo back to Nashville would be a comfortable move for him.
Ah, but there’s a catch. A couple of them actually.
The Predators also have an abundance of forwards after signing four of them this summer (Matt Cullen, Eric Nystrom, Matt Hendricks, and Viktor Stalberg). All told they’ve got 14 guys up front and just under $5 million in salary cap space. Tootoo and his $1.9 million cap hit the next two seasons might not make a great fit there.
Detroit is going to have to make a move at some point, but if it turns out to be Tootoo going back to Nashville there could be some Preds fans surprised to see him back.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 3
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46