Jul 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Detroit’s Jordin Tootoo has only played for two teams in his NHL career and he might be headed back to where it all started.
According to Ansar Khan of Mlive.com, the Detroit Red Wings are in talks with the Nashville Predators about sending Tootoo back to Music City U.S.A. Khan says the Wings need to move a forward (or two) and sending Tootoo back to Nashville would be a comfortable move for him.
Ah, but there’s a catch. A couple of them actually.
The Predators also have an abundance of forwards after signing four of them this summer (Matt Cullen, Eric Nystrom, Matt Hendricks, and Viktor Stalberg). All told they’ve got 14 guys up front and just under $5 million in salary cap space. Tootoo and his $1.9 million cap hit the next two seasons might not make a great fit there.
Detroit is going to have to make a move at some point, but if it turns out to be Tootoo going back to Nashville there could be some Preds fans surprised to see him back.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)