Jul 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Detroit’s Jordin Tootoo has only played for two teams in his NHL career and he might be headed back to where it all started.
According to Ansar Khan of Mlive.com, the Detroit Red Wings are in talks with the Nashville Predators about sending Tootoo back to Music City U.S.A. Khan says the Wings need to move a forward (or two) and sending Tootoo back to Nashville would be a comfortable move for him.
Ah, but there’s a catch. A couple of them actually.
The Predators also have an abundance of forwards after signing four of them this summer (Matt Cullen, Eric Nystrom, Matt Hendricks, and Viktor Stalberg). All told they’ve got 14 guys up front and just under $5 million in salary cap space. Tootoo and his $1.9 million cap hit the next two seasons might not make a great fit there.
Detroit is going to have to make a move at some point, but if it turns out to be Tootoo going back to Nashville there could be some Preds fans surprised to see him back.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)