Jul 28, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Four years ago, Martin St. Louis was one disappointed guy. He wasn’t selected to the 2010 Team Canada roster and missed out on the chance to win gold and play for his country in his country.
This time around, he says he’ll do whatever it takes to make the 2014 roster. Mike Brophy at NHL.com hears it from the man himself.
“I’ll be a natural whatever they want me to be if it means making the team,” St. Louis said with a grin. “If I have a chance to play for my country at this stage of my career, I’ll do whatever they want.”
St. Louis, of course, is a natural right wing and with Lightning GM Steve Yzerman also being Team Canada’s GM, you’d think he’d have an easy in, right? Not so much. Yzerman was also Team Canada’s GM back in 2010 as well.
As we’ve seen from Team Canada’s invite list, the competition to make the team will be very tough. Considering how consistent of a point producer St. Louis has been through his career, his chances have to be pretty good.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)