Jul 28, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Four years ago, Martin St. Louis was one disappointed guy. He wasn’t selected to the 2010 Team Canada roster and missed out on the chance to win gold and play for his country in his country.
This time around, he says he’ll do whatever it takes to make the 2014 roster. Mike Brophy at NHL.com hears it from the man himself.
“I’ll be a natural whatever they want me to be if it means making the team,” St. Louis said with a grin. “If I have a chance to play for my country at this stage of my career, I’ll do whatever they want.”
St. Louis, of course, is a natural right wing and with Lightning GM Steve Yzerman also being Team Canada’s GM, you’d think he’d have an easy in, right? Not so much. Yzerman was also Team Canada’s GM back in 2010 as well.
As we’ve seen from Team Canada’s invite list, the competition to make the team will be very tough. Considering how consistent of a point producer St. Louis has been through his career, his chances have to be pretty good.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)