Jul 28, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Four years ago, Martin St. Louis was one disappointed guy. He wasn’t selected to the 2010 Team Canada roster and missed out on the chance to win gold and play for his country in his country.
This time around, he says he’ll do whatever it takes to make the 2014 roster. Mike Brophy at NHL.com hears it from the man himself.
“I’ll be a natural whatever they want me to be if it means making the team,” St. Louis said with a grin. “If I have a chance to play for my country at this stage of my career, I’ll do whatever they want.”
St. Louis, of course, is a natural right wing and with Lightning GM Steve Yzerman also being Team Canada’s GM, you’d think he’d have an easy in, right? Not so much. Yzerman was also Team Canada’s GM back in 2010 as well.
As we’ve seen from Team Canada’s invite list, the competition to make the team will be very tough. Considering how consistent of a point producer St. Louis has been through his career, his chances have to be pretty good.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)