Jul 28, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Free Press points out that Cheveldayoff began the offseason with decisions to make on nine RFA “regulars,” but now only needs to settle things with the 22-year-old defenseman. The key, then, is to avoid a salary arbitration hearing scheduled for this coming Friday (Aug. 2).
As this June post discusses, Bogosian’s role has increased with the Jets, especially now that he seemingly put injury concerns behind him. Still, his value remains a question mark; Hockey Reference draws similarities to Luke Schenn and Niklas Hjalmarsson, for what it’s worth.
Assuming the Jets sign Bogosian one way or another, it’s clear that the structure of this team is in place.
Some will label that a job well done by Cheveldayoff.
Others, including a writer at Jets blog Arctic Ice Hockey, wonder how much progress has really been made, going as far as to call this essentially the same team that Cheveldayoff inherited from former GM Rick Dudley.
Wherever you might stand, it’s clear that the Jets hope to improve from within, which means that they’re counting on more progress from guys like Bogosian (assuming he signs).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)