Jul 28, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw showed up on the scene in a big way during the Blackhawks’ run to the Stanley Cup. Whether he was mixing it up with the opposing team or scoring a big goal, you couldn’t miss him.
During the Blackhawks’ convention in Chicago, Shaw tells Nina Falcone of CSNChicago.com being an underdog of sorts motivates him to be better.
“I pushed myself. I push myself to the limit and I never give up,” he said. “I work hard, every time I was on the ice I played every shift like it was my last. I just competed and did the best to my abilities every chance I got and every time I touched the ice, I was always working on something.
“I’ve got a lot to work on still, I’m not the best hockey player, I just have to keep working hard and every time I touch that ice I have to push myself as best I can.”
He may have found his stride in the playoffs as he went from having nine goals and 15 points in the regular season to five goals and nine points in the postseason. If that’s more like the guy we’ll see next season, Chicago will have yet another weapon at their disposal to frustrate and beat opponents.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
“We let them hang around too long, and they bit us.”
Jun 2, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Still, he doesn’t think much of the idea of making the nets smaller.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Stanley Cup media got off to a rather complimentary start.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Ray Shero also outlined the team’s philosophy going forward.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
But is there room in Vancouver?
Jun 2, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
There will also be a charitable donation.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Dan Patrick discuss.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:56 AM EDT
Only one more day until Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
The Penguins hope to know more about Dupuis’ chances of returning soon.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:43 AM EDT
Played in one game for Winnipeg last season.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
He needs time to think about his future.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
“I don’t win them and I don’t think I’m losing them.”
Jun 2, 2015, 8:09 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Andre Tourigny could be joining the club as an assistant coach.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The deal includes a $120,000 signing bonus.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
They’re two way contracts worth $575,000.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
If they advance to the Calder Cup final.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Both defensemen are set to become unrestricted free agents next month.
Jun 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New Jersey has a press conference scheduled for noon on Tuesday.
Jun 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
He spent the 2014-15 season in the Swedish Hockey League.
- Bishop: ‘taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 0
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 3
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 4
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 4
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 82
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 34
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (82)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)