Jul 27, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
By almost any measure, Corey Crawford excelled during the 2013 season.
Even so, many will assign a lot of the credit to the strong Chicago Blackhawks team around him (and focus heavily on his supposedly weak glove hand).
While a new goalie coach might prompt the 28-year-old netminder to make some minor tweaks, Crawford told CSNChicago.com that he expects things to remain essentially the same.
“It depends on who the coach is and what he wants to do, but really, my job stays the same,” Crawford said. “Maybe little adjustments; we’ll see how we can work that out. But the way I play doesn’t change.”
It’s tough to argue with the guy holding the championship belt, after all.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)