Jul 27, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
By almost any measure, Corey Crawford excelled during the 2013 season.
Even so, many will assign a lot of the credit to the strong Chicago Blackhawks team around him (and focus heavily on his supposedly weak glove hand).
While a new goalie coach might prompt the 28-year-old netminder to make some minor tweaks, Crawford told CSNChicago.com that he expects things to remain essentially the same.
“It depends on who the coach is and what he wants to do, but really, my job stays the same,” Crawford said. “Maybe little adjustments; we’ll see how we can work that out. But the way I play doesn’t change.”
It’s tough to argue with the guy holding the championship belt, after all.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)