Jul 26, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have agreed to terms with former Northeastern University forward Ludwig Karlsson on a two-year, two-way deal, the club announced on Friday.
Financial terms of the contract are not yet clear. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports the deal has an average annual value of $832,500, while Capgeek reports Karlsson’s cap hit could reach $1.475 million with various bonuses.
Karlsson, 22, is from Sweden but spent the last few years playing in North America — two seasons with USHL Green Bay, followed by two at Northeastern.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder burst onto the NCAA scene as a freshman in 2011-12, scoring a team-high 26 points in 32 games. Injuries derailed his sophomore campaign (Karlsson only played 17 games) but didn’t diminish interest from pro teams.
Prior to signing with Ottawa, Karlsson attended Nashville’s prospects camp in early July and took part in the Anaheim Ducks development camp in 2012.
(Image courtesy Hockey East)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)