Jul 25, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Justin Faulk is just 21 years-old and has all of two NHL seasons under his belt, but don’t count him out of making the U.S. Olympic team.
Team USA GM David Poile is a big fan of Faulk’s game and as Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer hears it, the Carolina youngster has a great chance to go to Sochi.
“He certainly has his star rising,” Poile said. “There will be some tough decisions,” Poile said. “But we like Justin’s game.”
Faulk’s competition on the blue line will be tough. With guys like Ryan Suter and Ryan McDonagh likely already locking down a couple of starting spots, things open up a bit more for the other six openings on the team.
As long as you ignore Faulk’s plus-minus rating from his rookie season (and you should do that anyway) he’s played big, tough minutes for them and has been productive offensively. Seems like the kind of guy Team USA would want to have in the mix.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)