Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with defenseman Cody Goloubef, the club announced on Thursday.
Goloubef, 23, appeared in 11 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013, having made his NHL debut in 2011-12.
A former University of Wisconsin standout that played alongside new Jackets scout Blake Geoffrion with the Badgers, Goloubef was taken in the second round (37th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, one spot ahead of Nashville’s Roman Josi (who, earlier this summer, inked a seven-year, $28 million extension with the Preds.)
Goloubef has spent most of his professional career with Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield. He’ll have a decent shot of making the Jackets’ roster next season, as the club currently has just seven defensemen under contract and don’t appear primed to bring back veteran Adrian Aucoin, who is still an unrestricted free agent.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)