Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with defenseman Cody Goloubef, the club announced on Thursday.
Goloubef, 23, appeared in 11 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013, having made his NHL debut in 2011-12.
A former University of Wisconsin standout that played alongside new Jackets scout Blake Geoffrion with the Badgers, Goloubef was taken in the second round (37th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, one spot ahead of Nashville’s Roman Josi (who, earlier this summer, inked a seven-year, $28 million extension with the Preds.)
Goloubef has spent most of his professional career with Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield. He’ll have a decent shot of making the Jackets’ roster next season, as the club currently has just seven defensemen under contract and don’t appear primed to bring back veteran Adrian Aucoin, who is still an unrestricted free agent.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)