Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with defenseman Cody Goloubef, the club announced on Thursday.
Goloubef, 23, appeared in 11 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013, having made his NHL debut in 2011-12.
A former University of Wisconsin standout that played alongside new Jackets scout Blake Geoffrion with the Badgers, Goloubef was taken in the second round (37th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, one spot ahead of Nashville’s Roman Josi (who, earlier this summer, inked a seven-year, $28 million extension with the Preds.)
Goloubef has spent most of his professional career with Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield. He’ll have a decent shot of making the Jackets’ roster next season, as the club currently has just seven defensemen under contract and don’t appear primed to bring back veteran Adrian Aucoin, who is still an unrestricted free agent.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 11
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 28
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)