Jul 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Hamill, a Vancouver native, has had a disappointing NHL career. The Bruins drafted the center while he was racking up points for the WHL’s Everett Silvertips; however, he’s spent most of his time as a pro in the AHL.
In 20 NHL games, all with Boston, Hamill has only managed four assists.
Now 24, and after stints with three different organizations (Bruins, Capitals, Panthers), Hamill is hoping to find success with the Canucks.
What are his chances?
Well, Vancouver’s third- and f0urth-line center spots are hardly set in stone, so we suppose there’s an opportunity there. We’d bet on Jordan Schroeder and Brendan Gaunce for those spots though.
Realistically, Hamill can probably expect to start the season with AHL Utica.
The Canucks also announced today that they’ve signed 31-year-old winger Colin Stuart.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13