Jul 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
Hamill, a Vancouver native, has had a disappointing NHL career. The Bruins drafted the center while he was racking up points for the WHL’s Everett Silvertips; however, he’s spent most of his time as a pro in the AHL.
In 20 NHL games, all with Boston, Hamill has only managed four assists.
Now 24, and after stints with three different organizations (Bruins, Capitals, Panthers), Hamill is hoping to find success with the Canucks.
What are his chances?
Well, Vancouver’s third- and f0urth-line center spots are hardly set in stone, so we suppose there’s an opportunity there. We’d bet on Jordan Schroeder and Brendan Gaunce for those spots though.
Realistically, Hamill can probably expect to start the season with AHL Utica.
The Canucks also announced today that they’ve signed 31-year-old winger Colin Stuart.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4