Jul 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Hamill, a Vancouver native, has had a disappointing NHL career. The Bruins drafted the center while he was racking up points for the WHL’s Everett Silvertips; however, he’s spent most of his time as a pro in the AHL.
In 20 NHL games, all with Boston, Hamill has only managed four assists.
Now 24, and after stints with three different organizations (Bruins, Capitals, Panthers), Hamill is hoping to find success with the Canucks.
What are his chances?
Well, Vancouver’s third- and f0urth-line center spots are hardly set in stone, so we suppose there’s an opportunity there. We’d bet on Jordan Schroeder and Brendan Gaunce for those spots though.
Realistically, Hamill can probably expect to start the season with AHL Utica.
The Canucks also announced today that they’ve signed 31-year-old winger Colin Stuart.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17