Jul 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Hamill, a Vancouver native, has had a disappointing NHL career. The Bruins drafted the center while he was racking up points for the WHL’s Everett Silvertips; however, he’s spent most of his time as a pro in the AHL.
In 20 NHL games, all with Boston, Hamill has only managed four assists.
Now 24, and after stints with three different organizations (Bruins, Capitals, Panthers), Hamill is hoping to find success with the Canucks.
What are his chances?
Well, Vancouver’s third- and f0urth-line center spots are hardly set in stone, so we suppose there’s an opportunity there. We’d bet on Jordan Schroeder and Brendan Gaunce for those spots though.
Realistically, Hamill can probably expect to start the season with AHL Utica.
The Canucks also announced today that they’ve signed 31-year-old winger Colin Stuart.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6