Jul 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Hamill, a Vancouver native, has had a disappointing NHL career. The Bruins drafted the center while he was racking up points for the WHL’s Everett Silvertips; however, he’s spent most of his time as a pro in the AHL.
In 20 NHL games, all with Boston, Hamill has only managed four assists.
Now 24, and after stints with three different organizations (Bruins, Capitals, Panthers), Hamill is hoping to find success with the Canucks.
What are his chances?
Well, Vancouver’s third- and f0urth-line center spots are hardly set in stone, so we suppose there’s an opportunity there. We’d bet on Jordan Schroeder and Brendan Gaunce for those spots though.
Realistically, Hamill can probably expect to start the season with AHL Utica.
The Canucks also announced today that they’ve signed 31-year-old winger Colin Stuart.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 15
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)