Jul 25, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch, the first year of the contract is a two-way worth $750,000 in the NHL; the second year is a one-way worth $850,000.
Allen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie season in which he started 13 games for St. Louis and finished with a .905 save percentage.
That the first year of his contract is a two-way deal gives management the freedom to start Allen in the AHL, with veterans Jaroslav Halak and Brian Elliott each under contract for one more year before they can become unrestricted free agents.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)