Jul 25, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch, the first year of the contract is a two-way worth $750,000 in the NHL; the second year is a one-way worth $850,000.
Allen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie season in which he started 13 games for St. Louis and finished with a .905 save percentage.
That the first year of his contract is a two-way deal gives management the freedom to start Allen in the AHL, with veterans Jaroslav Halak and Brian Elliott each under contract for one more year before they can become unrestricted free agents.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31