Jul 24, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
The contract has an average annual value of $600,000.
Bortuzzo appeared in 15 regular-season games for the Pens in 2013, scoring twice and adding a pair of assists while averaging 13:17 of ice time per game.
The big d-man was originally drafted in 2007, 87th overall by the Pens.
There are now just four restricted free agents still headed for arbitration – Mats Zuccarello (Rangers), Mark Fraser (Leafs), Zach Bogosian (Jets) and Blake Wheeler (Jets).
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)