Jul 24, 2013, 4:09 PM EST
The contract has an average annual value of $600,000.
Bortuzzo appeared in 15 regular-season games for the Pens in 2013, scoring twice and adding a pair of assists while averaging 13:17 of ice time per game.
The big d-man was originally drafted in 2007, 87th overall by the Pens.
There are now just four restricted free agents still headed for arbitration – Mats Zuccarello (Rangers), Mark Fraser (Leafs), Zach Bogosian (Jets) and Blake Wheeler (Jets).
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)