Jul 24, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
The contract has an average annual value of $600,000.
Bortuzzo appeared in 15 regular-season games for the Pens in 2013, scoring twice and adding a pair of assists while averaging 13:17 of ice time per game.
The big d-man was originally drafted in 2007, 87th overall by the Pens.
There are now just four restricted free agents still headed for arbitration — Mats Zuccarello (Rangers), Mark Fraser (Leafs), Zach Bogosian (Jets) and Blake Wheeler (Jets).
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)