Jul 24, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
We interrupt Vancouver Canucks day on PHT to bring you a TSN report that the Toronto Maple Leafs have signed defenseman Paul Ranger to a one-year contract.
Ranger played 51 games (8G, 17A) for the AHL’s Toronto Marlies (the Leafs’ minor-league affiliate) in 2012-13. It was the 28-year-old’s first season of hockey after taking three years off for undisclosed personal reasons. (More on that here.)
Ranger played 270 NHL games for the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2005-2010, producing 18 goals and 74 assists.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39