Jul 24, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
Timmins, 23, was at the center of a highly-publicized incident in March while playing for Florida’s AHL affiliate in San Antonio.
In case you don’t remember the specifics — Timmins allegedly breaking into someone’s house after a night of drinking — here ya go:
A San Antonio police report says Scott Timmins told them he went to the Hangar on Broadway. But it’s where he ended his night that landed him in the slammer. Police say he broke into a stranger’s home and refused to leave.
Instead of a penalty box, a Rampage player’s misconduct landed him in jail.
Timmins is accused of breaking into Benjamin Garza’s home on Ridgecrest. Garza wasn’t home at the time, but his wife and three kids woke up to the stranger on their couch.
The police report states that when Garza’s wife found Timmins sitting on her couch, she asked him who he was, to which he responded, “Don’t worry about that.”
“He was yelling, ‘What are you doing in my house,'” said Garza. “My wife said, ‘You need to get the hell out of here,'” added Garza. She was able to escape through a back door with her kids.
She called 911 and her husband. When Garza finally faced the man who scared the daylights out of his children, he told him “you’re lucky I wasn’t here because I would’ve put a bullet between your eyes and it would’ve been over for you.”
The police report went on to say Timmins was so heavily intoxicated he couldn’t hold his balance, and didn’t remember how he had entered the house.
Timmins has appeared in 24 career contests for the Panthers, five of which came during the 2013 season in which he went scoreless, with four PIM and a minus-2 rating.
A member of the OHL Windsor squad that won back-to-back Memorial Cups in 2009 and 2010, Timmins was Florida’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
May 23, 2015, 12:26 AM EDT
But will it last?
May 22, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
Kucherov, Paquette, and Glass all receive misconduct penalties.
May 22, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
The score was one-sided, but this game could have gone the other way if not for the Rangers’ netminder.
May 22, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Leon Draisaitl’s late goal can’t turn the tide.
May 22, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Keith Yandle got his first marker of the playoffs.
May 22, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Will we see more goals like that from him before the playoffs are over?
May 22, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
All three of their teams are still in the running for the Stanley Cup.
May 22, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
San Jose has been linked to several high profile coaches.
May 22, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
He was credited with turning around the Red Wings’ power play.
May 22, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
Will New York be able to contain Tampa Bay this time around?
May 22, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
“No one wants to back up. Everyone wants to play.”
May 22, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
Not only did the Ducks block 27 shots last night, they clogged up the neutral zone too.
May 22, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Can’t imagine Teuvo Teravainen was, either.
May 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Canucks GM witnessed the goalie get a shutout in the AHL playoffs.
May 22, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Coach Q: “He’ll need a few days out here. We’ll get an evaluation and go from there.”
May 22, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Son of ex-NHLer Brian is off to Boston University next year.
May 22, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
“It’s been real special, to say the least.”
May 22, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
The third ‘tender taken at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft had a rough first pro season in North America.
May 22, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Finnish forward joined the organization last year after solid production in the SM-liiga.
May 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
That’s him, with Vladimir Putin.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)