Jul 24, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
Timmins, 23, was at the center of a highly-publicized incident in March while playing for Florida’s AHL affiliate in San Antonio.
In case you don’t remember the specifics — Timmins allegedly breaking into someone’s house after a night of drinking — here ya go:
A San Antonio police report says Scott Timmins told them he went to the Hangar on Broadway. But it’s where he ended his night that landed him in the slammer. Police say he broke into a stranger’s home and refused to leave.
Instead of a penalty box, a Rampage player’s misconduct landed him in jail.
Timmins is accused of breaking into Benjamin Garza’s home on Ridgecrest. Garza wasn’t home at the time, but his wife and three kids woke up to the stranger on their couch.
The police report states that when Garza’s wife found Timmins sitting on her couch, she asked him who he was, to which he responded, “Don’t worry about that.”
“He was yelling, ‘What are you doing in my house,'” said Garza. “My wife said, ‘You need to get the hell out of here,'” added Garza. She was able to escape through a back door with her kids.
She called 911 and her husband. When Garza finally faced the man who scared the daylights out of his children, he told him “you’re lucky I wasn’t here because I would’ve put a bullet between your eyes and it would’ve been over for you.”
The police report went on to say Timmins was so heavily intoxicated he couldn’t hold his balance, and didn’t remember how he had entered the house.
Timmins has appeared in 24 career contests for the Panthers, five of which came during the 2013 season in which he went scoreless, with four PIM and a minus-2 rating.
A member of the OHL Windsor squad that won back-to-back Memorial Cups in 2009 and 2010, Timmins was Florida’s sixth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)