Jul 23, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Edmonton’s Taylor Hall is one of 25 forwards gunning to be on Team Canada for the 2014 Olympic Games.
While he had an all-pro-like season this past year, he knows it won’t be easy to make the final roster as he tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
“It’s going to be very hard for me to make the team. I realize that. There’s a lot of guys on that list who are tremendous players,” Hall said
Taking a look at Team Canada’s invite list, if you went just by guys who played left wing (like Hall does) the competition is insane as it is. Rick Nash, Andrew Ladd, Milan Lucic, and Chris Kunitz stand out as it is.
That said, the one guy who had a better season than Hall was Kunitz and he had that Sidney Crosby guy on his line. Maybe he doesn’t have too much to worry about when it comes to making the team.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)