Jul 23, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Edmonton’s Taylor Hall is one of 25 forwards gunning to be on Team Canada for the 2014 Olympic Games.
While he had an all-pro-like season this past year, he knows it won’t be easy to make the final roster as he tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
“It’s going to be very hard for me to make the team. I realize that. There’s a lot of guys on that list who are tremendous players,” Hall said
Taking a look at Team Canada’s invite list, if you went just by guys who played left wing (like Hall does) the competition is insane as it is. Rick Nash, Andrew Ladd, Milan Lucic, and Chris Kunitz stand out as it is.
That said, the one guy who had a better season than Hall was Kunitz and he had that Sidney Crosby guy on his line. Maybe he doesn’t have too much to worry about when it comes to making the team.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)