Jul 23, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Edmonton’s Taylor Hall is one of 25 forwards gunning to be on Team Canada for the 2014 Olympic Games.
While he had an all-pro-like season this past year, he knows it won’t be easy to make the final roster as he tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
“It’s going to be very hard for me to make the team. I realize that. There’s a lot of guys on that list who are tremendous players,” Hall said
Taking a look at Team Canada’s invite list, if you went just by guys who played left wing (like Hall does) the competition is insane as it is. Rick Nash, Andrew Ladd, Milan Lucic, and Chris Kunitz stand out as it is.
That said, the one guy who had a better season than Hall was Kunitz and he had that Sidney Crosby guy on his line. Maybe he doesn’t have too much to worry about when it comes to making the team.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)