Jul 23, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
Edmonton’s Taylor Hall is one of 25 forwards gunning to be on Team Canada for the 2014 Olympic Games.
While he had an all-pro-like season this past year, he knows it won’t be easy to make the final roster as he tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
“It’s going to be very hard for me to make the team. I realize that. There’s a lot of guys on that list who are tremendous players,” Hall said
Taking a look at Team Canada’s invite list, if you went just by guys who played left wing (like Hall does) the competition is insane as it is. Rick Nash, Andrew Ladd, Milan Lucic, and Chris Kunitz stand out as it is.
That said, the one guy who had a better season than Hall was Kunitz and he had that Sidney Crosby guy on his line. Maybe he doesn’t have too much to worry about when it comes to making the team.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)