Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres have re-upped with a pair of restricted free agents, agreeing to terms with F Luke Adam and G Matt Hackett on Tuesday.
Adam, 23, appeared in just four games for the Sabres last season, a disappointment after a stellar 2011-12 campaign in which he posted a career-high 20 points (10G, 10A) in 52 games.
His new deal is a one-year contract worth $735,000, according to CapGeek. That’s down slightly from the $875,000 cap hit on his three-year entry-level deal, signed in 2010.
Hackett, also 23, has been tabbed as a potential goalie of the future after being acquired from Minnesota in last season’s Jason Pominville trade. He’s posted stellar numbers at the AHL level with both Houston and Rochester, and was rewarded with a one-year, $715,000 deal.
Hackett had appeared in 13 games for the Wild from 2011-12, including one last season (0-1-0) and is 3-7-0 with a 2.64 GAA over the course of his NHL career.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)