Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres have re-upped with a pair of restricted free agents, agreeing to terms with F Luke Adam and G Matt Hackett on Tuesday.
Adam, 23, appeared in just four games for the Sabres last season, a disappointment after a stellar 2011-12 campaign in which he posted a career-high 20 points (10G, 10A) in 52 games.
His new deal is a one-year contract worth $735,000, according to CapGeek. That’s down slightly from the $875,000 cap hit on his three-year entry-level deal, signed in 2010.
Hackett, also 23, has been tabbed as a potential goalie of the future after being acquired from Minnesota in last season’s Jason Pominville trade. He’s posted stellar numbers at the AHL level with both Houston and Rochester, and was rewarded with a one-year, $715,000 deal.
Hackett had appeared in 13 games for the Wild from 2011-12, including one last season (0-1-0) and is 3-7-0 with a 2.64 GAA over the course of his NHL career.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)