Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have re-upped with a pair of restricted free agents, agreeing to terms with F Luke Adam and G Matt Hackett on Tuesday.
Adam, 23, appeared in just four games for the Sabres last season, a disappointment after a stellar 2011-12 campaign in which he posted a career-high 20 points (10G, 10A) in 52 games.
His new deal is a one-year contract worth $735,000, according to CapGeek. That’s down slightly from the $875,000 cap hit on his three-year entry-level deal, signed in 2010.
Hackett, also 23, has been tabbed as a potential goalie of the future after being acquired from Minnesota in last season’s Jason Pominville trade. He’s posted stellar numbers at the AHL level with both Houston and Rochester, and was rewarded with a one-year, $715,000 deal.
Hackett had appeared in 13 games for the Wild from 2011-12, including one last season (0-1-0) and is 3-7-0 with a 2.64 GAA over the course of his NHL career.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (54)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)