Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have re-upped with a pair of restricted free agents, agreeing to terms with F Luke Adam and G Matt Hackett on Tuesday.
Adam, 23, appeared in just four games for the Sabres last season, a disappointment after a stellar 2011-12 campaign in which he posted a career-high 20 points (10G, 10A) in 52 games.
His new deal is a one-year contract worth $735,000, according to CapGeek. That’s down slightly from the $875,000 cap hit on his three-year entry-level deal, signed in 2010.
Hackett, also 23, has been tabbed as a potential goalie of the future after being acquired from Minnesota in last season’s Jason Pominville trade. He’s posted stellar numbers at the AHL level with both Houston and Rochester, and was rewarded with a one-year, $715,000 deal.
Hackett had appeared in 13 games for the Wild from 2011-12, including one last season (0-1-0) and is 3-7-0 with a 2.64 GAA over the course of his NHL career.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 101
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (101)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)