Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres have re-upped with a pair of restricted free agents, agreeing to terms with F Luke Adam and G Matt Hackett on Tuesday.
Adam, 23, appeared in just four games for the Sabres last season, a disappointment after a stellar 2011-12 campaign in which he posted a career-high 20 points (10G, 10A) in 52 games.
His new deal is a one-year contract worth $735,000, according to CapGeek. That’s down slightly from the $875,000 cap hit on his three-year entry-level deal, signed in 2010.
Hackett, also 23, has been tabbed as a potential goalie of the future after being acquired from Minnesota in last season’s Jason Pominville trade. He’s posted stellar numbers at the AHL level with both Houston and Rochester, and was rewarded with a one-year, $715,000 deal.
Hackett had appeared in 13 games for the Wild from 2011-12, including one last season (0-1-0) and is 3-7-0 with a 2.64 GAA over the course of his NHL career.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)