Jul 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”
That doesn’t exactly sound encouraging for New Jersey.
Henrique is the Devils’ only remaining RFA and he’s coming off of his entry-level deal, one that came with a cap hit of just over $850,000 per year. He’s coming off a season that saw him score 11 goals with five assists in 42 games.
His first full NHL season two years ago saw him score 51 points and become a playoff folk hero scoring the overtime goal to eliminate the Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals. He’s due for a raise, but the team and player are likely haggling over just how much that is.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)