Jul 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”
That doesn’t exactly sound encouraging for New Jersey.
Henrique is the Devils’ only remaining RFA and he’s coming off of his entry-level deal, one that came with a cap hit of just over $850,000 per year. He’s coming off a season that saw him score 11 goals with five assists in 42 games.
His first full NHL season two years ago saw him score 51 points and become a playoff folk hero scoring the overtime goal to eliminate the Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals. He’s due for a raise, but the team and player are likely haggling over just how much that is.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 40
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)