Jul 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”
That doesn’t exactly sound encouraging for New Jersey.
Henrique is the Devils’ only remaining RFA and he’s coming off of his entry-level deal, one that came with a cap hit of just over $850,000 per year. He’s coming off a season that saw him score 11 goals with five assists in 42 games.
His first full NHL season two years ago saw him score 51 points and become a playoff folk hero scoring the overtime goal to eliminate the Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals. He’s due for a raise, but the team and player are likely haggling over just how much that is.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 0
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)