Jul 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”
That doesn’t exactly sound encouraging for New Jersey.
Henrique is the Devils’ only remaining RFA and he’s coming off of his entry-level deal, one that came with a cap hit of just over $850,000 per year. He’s coming off a season that saw him score 11 goals with five assists in 42 games.
His first full NHL season two years ago saw him score 51 points and become a playoff folk hero scoring the overtime goal to eliminate the Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals. He’s due for a raise, but the team and player are likely haggling over just how much that is.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)