Jul 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are going to South Bend.
Beginning on Sept. 12, the defending Stanley Cup champs will conduct their training camp on the University of Notre Dame campus at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
“We are thankful that Notre Dame is allowing us to host our camp at their new state-of-the-art, world-class facility,” Chicago GM Stan Bowman — a Notre Dame alum — told the South Bend Tribune. “Opening camp on the road offers our players and coaching staff a unique team bonding atmosphere.
“We look forward to bringing Blackhawks hockey to our fans in Northwest Indiana.”
The ‘Hawks will train for four days (Sept. 12-15) ND before returning to the United Center on Sept. 16 for their annual training camp festival.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)