Jul 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are going to South Bend.
Beginning on Sept. 12, the defending Stanley Cup champs will conduct their training camp on the University of Notre Dame campus at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
“We are thankful that Notre Dame is allowing us to host our camp at their new state-of-the-art, world-class facility,” Chicago GM Stan Bowman — a Notre Dame alum — told the South Bend Tribune. “Opening camp on the road offers our players and coaching staff a unique team bonding atmosphere.
“We look forward to bringing Blackhawks hockey to our fans in Northwest Indiana.”
The ‘Hawks will train for four days (Sept. 12-15) ND before returning to the United Center on Sept. 16 for their annual training camp festival.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)