Jul 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are going to South Bend.
Beginning on Sept. 12, the defending Stanley Cup champs will conduct their training camp on the University of Notre Dame campus at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
“We are thankful that Notre Dame is allowing us to host our camp at their new state-of-the-art, world-class facility,” Chicago GM Stan Bowman — a Notre Dame alum — told the South Bend Tribune. “Opening camp on the road offers our players and coaching staff a unique team bonding atmosphere.
“We look forward to bringing Blackhawks hockey to our fans in Northwest Indiana.”
The ‘Hawks will train for four days (Sept. 12-15) ND before returning to the United Center on Sept. 16 for their annual training camp festival.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)