Jul 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are going to South Bend.
Beginning on Sept. 12, the defending Stanley Cup champs will conduct their training camp on the University of Notre Dame campus at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
“We are thankful that Notre Dame is allowing us to host our camp at their new state-of-the-art, world-class facility,” Chicago GM Stan Bowman — a Notre Dame alum — told the South Bend Tribune. “Opening camp on the road offers our players and coaching staff a unique team bonding atmosphere.
“We look forward to bringing Blackhawks hockey to our fans in Northwest Indiana.”
The ‘Hawks will train for four days (Sept. 12-15) ND before returning to the United Center on Sept. 16 for their annual training camp festival.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)