Jul 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are going to South Bend.
Beginning on Sept. 12, the defending Stanley Cup champs will conduct their training camp on the University of Notre Dame campus at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
“We are thankful that Notre Dame is allowing us to host our camp at their new state-of-the-art, world-class facility,” Chicago GM Stan Bowman — a Notre Dame alum — told the South Bend Tribune. “Opening camp on the road offers our players and coaching staff a unique team bonding atmosphere.
“We look forward to bringing Blackhawks hockey to our fans in Northwest Indiana.”
The ‘Hawks will train for four days (Sept. 12-15) ND before returning to the United Center on Sept. 16 for their annual training camp festival.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)