Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Playing on the same team as him though? That’s only happened in the Olympics and World Championships until now. With Jagr signing a one-year deal with New Jersey, they’ll finally be teammates in North America and Elias can hardly believe it as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares.
“For me, it’s kind of surreal,” Elias said. “I don’t think I ever thought about playing with him on the same team, but we’re at the point in our careers, both of us, that we know our roles, we know our situation, we know our place and I think he will be good for the team.”
It’s crazy to think that in Elias’ 17-season NHL career he’s only now getting to team up with Jagr.
While Jagr has four years on Elias, his time with the Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins all gave Elias a healthy dose of what it’s like to line up against him.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 47
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)