Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
Playing on the same team as him though? That’s only happened in the Olympics and World Championships until now. With Jagr signing a one-year deal with New Jersey, they’ll finally be teammates in North America and Elias can hardly believe it as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares.
“For me, it’s kind of surreal,” Elias said. “I don’t think I ever thought about playing with him on the same team, but we’re at the point in our careers, both of us, that we know our roles, we know our situation, we know our place and I think he will be good for the team.”
It’s crazy to think that in Elias’ 17-season NHL career he’s only now getting to team up with Jagr.
While Jagr has four years on Elias, his time with the Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins all gave Elias a healthy dose of what it’s like to line up against him.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)