Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Playing on the same team as him though? That’s only happened in the Olympics and World Championships until now. With Jagr signing a one-year deal with New Jersey, they’ll finally be teammates in North America and Elias can hardly believe it as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares.
“For me, it’s kind of surreal,” Elias said. “I don’t think I ever thought about playing with him on the same team, but we’re at the point in our careers, both of us, that we know our roles, we know our situation, we know our place and I think he will be good for the team.”
It’s crazy to think that in Elias’ 17-season NHL career he’s only now getting to team up with Jagr.
While Jagr has four years on Elias, his time with the Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins all gave Elias a healthy dose of what it’s like to line up against him.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)