Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Playing on the same team as him though? That’s only happened in the Olympics and World Championships until now. With Jagr signing a one-year deal with New Jersey, they’ll finally be teammates in North America and Elias can hardly believe it as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares.
“For me, it’s kind of surreal,” Elias said. “I don’t think I ever thought about playing with him on the same team, but we’re at the point in our careers, both of us, that we know our roles, we know our situation, we know our place and I think he will be good for the team.”
It’s crazy to think that in Elias’ 17-season NHL career he’s only now getting to team up with Jagr.
While Jagr has four years on Elias, his time with the Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins all gave Elias a healthy dose of what it’s like to line up against him.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5