Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Playing on the same team as him though? That’s only happened in the Olympics and World Championships until now. With Jagr signing a one-year deal with New Jersey, they’ll finally be teammates in North America and Elias can hardly believe it as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares.
“For me, it’s kind of surreal,” Elias said. “I don’t think I ever thought about playing with him on the same team, but we’re at the point in our careers, both of us, that we know our roles, we know our situation, we know our place and I think he will be good for the team.”
It’s crazy to think that in Elias’ 17-season NHL career he’s only now getting to team up with Jagr.
While Jagr has four years on Elias, his time with the Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins all gave Elias a healthy dose of what it’s like to line up against him.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)