Jul 22, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Swedish Olympic ice hockey team didn’t medal in 2010, but with a gold from 2006, it’s unlikely they’ll sneak up on anyone in 2014. They rolled out their 35 orientation camp invitees on Monday, much like America, Canada, Finland and Russia did earlier.
Unlike with most of the high-level Olympic teams, there’s no denying the front-runner for the top goalie gig in Lundqvist. (Of course, the threat of injury and other complications keeps that from being an absolute guarantee.)
Here’s the full roster, via NHL.com.
Forwards: Patrik Berglund, *Nicklas Backstrom, Jimmie Ericsson, *Loui Eriksson, *Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, *Patric Hornqvist, Marcus Johansson, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Oscar Lindberg, Joel Lundqvist, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Persson, *Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, *Henrik Sedin, Alexander Steen and *Henrik Zetterberg.
Defensemen: Jonas Brodin, Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, *Niklas Kronwall, *Douglas Murray, *Johnny Oduya and *Henrik Tallinder.
* – Represents a player returning from the 2010 Olympic team.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)