Jul 22, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
The Swedish Olympic ice hockey team didn’t medal in 2010, but with a gold from 2006, it’s unlikely they’ll sneak up on anyone in 2014. They rolled out their 35 orientation camp invitees on Monday, much like America, Canada, Finland and Russia did earlier.
Unlike with most of the high-level Olympic teams, there’s no denying the front-runner for the top goalie gig in Lundqvist. (Of course, the threat of injury and other complications keeps that from being an absolute guarantee.)
Here’s the full roster, via NHL.com.
Forwards: Patrik Berglund, *Nicklas Backstrom, Jimmie Ericsson, *Loui Eriksson, *Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, *Patric Hornqvist, Marcus Johansson, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Oscar Lindberg, Joel Lundqvist, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Persson, *Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, *Henrik Sedin, Alexander Steen and *Henrik Zetterberg.
Defensemen: Jonas Brodin, Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, *Niklas Kronwall, *Douglas Murray, *Johnny Oduya and *Henrik Tallinder.
* – Represents a player returning from the 2010 Olympic team.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11