Jul 22, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
The Swedish Olympic ice hockey team didn’t medal in 2010, but with a gold from 2006, it’s unlikely they’ll sneak up on anyone in 2014. They rolled out their 35 orientation camp invitees on Monday, much like America, Canada, Finland and Russia did earlier.
Unlike with most of the high-level Olympic teams, there’s no denying the front-runner for the top goalie gig in Lundqvist. (Of course, the threat of injury and other complications keeps that from being an absolute guarantee.)
Here’s the full roster, via NHL.com.
Forwards: Patrik Berglund, *Nicklas Backstrom, Jimmie Ericsson, *Loui Eriksson, *Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, *Patric Hornqvist, Marcus Johansson, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Oscar Lindberg, Joel Lundqvist, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Persson, *Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, *Henrik Sedin, Alexander Steen and *Henrik Zetterberg.
Defensemen: Jonas Brodin, Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, *Niklas Kronwall, *Douglas Murray, *Johnny Oduya and *Henrik Tallinder.
* – Represents a player returning from the 2010 Olympic team.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 19
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 69
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (74)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)