Jul 22, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Swedish Olympic ice hockey team didn’t medal in 2010, but with a gold from 2006, it’s unlikely they’ll sneak up on anyone in 2014. They rolled out their 35 orientation camp invitees on Monday, much like America, Canada, Finland and Russia did earlier.
Unlike with most of the high-level Olympic teams, there’s no denying the front-runner for the top goalie gig in Lundqvist. (Of course, the threat of injury and other complications keeps that from being an absolute guarantee.)
Here’s the full roster, via NHL.com.
Forwards: Patrik Berglund, *Nicklas Backstrom, Jimmie Ericsson, *Loui Eriksson, *Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, *Patric Hornqvist, Marcus Johansson, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Oscar Lindberg, Joel Lundqvist, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Persson, *Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, *Henrik Sedin, Alexander Steen and *Henrik Zetterberg.
Defensemen: Jonas Brodin, Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, *Niklas Kronwall, *Douglas Murray, *Johnny Oduya and *Henrik Tallinder.
* – Represents a player returning from the 2010 Olympic team.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7