Jul 22, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Swedish Olympic ice hockey team didn’t medal in 2010, but with a gold from 2006, it’s unlikely they’ll sneak up on anyone in 2014. They rolled out their 35 orientation camp invitees on Monday, much like America, Canada, Finland and Russia did earlier.
Unlike with most of the high-level Olympic teams, there’s no denying the front-runner for the top goalie gig in Lundqvist. (Of course, the threat of injury and other complications keeps that from being an absolute guarantee.)
Here’s the full roster, via NHL.com.
Forwards: Patrik Berglund, *Nicklas Backstrom, Jimmie Ericsson, *Loui Eriksson, *Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, *Patric Hornqvist, Marcus Johansson, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Oscar Lindberg, Joel Lundqvist, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Persson, *Daniel Sedin, Vancouver, *Henrik Sedin, Alexander Steen and *Henrik Zetterberg.
Defensemen: Jonas Brodin, Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, *Niklas Kronwall, *Douglas Murray, *Johnny Oduya and *Henrik Tallinder.
* – Represents a player returning from the 2010 Olympic team.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)