Jul 22, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
The deal isn’t expected to be officially announced until tomorrow; however, it should come as no surprise after it was reported this weekend that the 41-year-old forward was “99 percent” certain to sign with the Devils.
No financial details have been reported. Jagr’s made $4.5 million (prorated) in 2013.
If he does indeed sign, the Devils will be Jagr’s seventh NHL team. New Jersey will obviously be hoping he can help replace the departed Ilya Kovalchuk.
Update (12:07 p.m. ET):
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Jaromir Jagr report: "It's all rumors right now. If we have anything to report, we'll do that."—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) July 22, 2013
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36