Jul 22, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
The deal isn’t expected to be officially announced until tomorrow; however, it should come as no surprise after it was reported this weekend that the 41-year-old forward was “99 percent” certain to sign with the Devils.
No financial details have been reported. Jagr’s made $4.5 million (prorated) in 2013.
If he does indeed sign, the Devils will be Jagr’s seventh NHL team. New Jersey will obviously be hoping he can help replace the departed Ilya Kovalchuk.
Update (12:07 p.m. ET):
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5