Jul 22, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
The deal isn’t expected to be officially announced until tomorrow; however, it should come as no surprise after it was reported this weekend that the 41-year-old forward was “99 percent” certain to sign with the Devils.
No financial details have been reported. Jagr’s made $4.5 million (prorated) in 2013.
If he does indeed sign, the Devils will be Jagr’s seventh NHL team. New Jersey will obviously be hoping he can help replace the departed Ilya Kovalchuk.
Update (12:07 p.m. ET):
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Jaromir Jagr report: "It's all rumors right now. If we have anything to report, we'll do that."—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) July 22, 2013
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6