Jul 22, 2013, 11:37 AM EST
The deal isn’t expected to be officially announced until tomorrow; however, it should come as no surprise after it was reported this weekend that the 41-year-old forward was “99 percent” certain to sign with the Devils.
No financial details have been reported. Jagr’s made $4.5 million (prorated) in 2013.
If he does indeed sign, the Devils will be Jagr’s seventh NHL team. New Jersey will obviously be hoping he can help replace the departed Ilya Kovalchuk.
Update (12:07 p.m. ET):
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Jaromir Jagr report: "It's all rumors right now. If we have anything to report, we'll do that."—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) July 22, 2013
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 29
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)